Book Review: Fablehaven

FABLEHAVEN: Rating 8/10


Recently, I had the pleasure of reading Brandon Mull's Fablehaven, a book that captured my imagination. The story took me back to my childhood days of imagining storybook characters like trolls and fairies with wonder and amazement. It follows the journey of two siblings, Kendra and Seth, who visit their grandfather while their parents are on vacation. As they begin their stay at their grandfather's property, they soon discover he is the caretaker of Fablehaven, a place where magical creatures take refuge. 

The children are fascinated by the magical world of Fablehaven and the creatures they encounter, but they soon realize that not all are friendly. The story turns dark, and the children are thrust into a dangerous situation. They must use their wits to navigate the world of Fablehaven and ensure their safety. 

What I found most intriguing about this book is that it does not bombard the reader with information all at once. Instead, Brandon Mull takes his time to build up the characters, their motivations, and their backstory before introducing the larger plot. Initially, I thought the book was taking too long to reach the point, but as I kept reading, I came to appreciate the author's approach. The slow build-up of the characters made me sit down and read every chapter, page by page.

"Fablehaven" is the first book in a five-book series, meaning there is much more to explore. I recommend this book for young kids who are starting to read chapter books and adults who enjoy fantasy stories. I'm 28 years old, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am reading the second book in the series and will post a review once I'm done. Nonetheless, I suggest you dive into "Fablehaven" to experience the magic and adventure of this exciting book.

Popular Posts